Tuesday, July 8

ok ok so I finally decided to blog about my 4th. been too lazy to blog anything really. anyhow, we had our family reunion this last week...it's my grandfather's side of the family..the Lims. On Tuesday, my cousin Grace from Michigan came to hang out. We went shopping, watched Legally Blonde and went to TGIF's w/ my other cousin and her friends. Good times. Then on Thurs my aunt/uncle/cousins from Canada came back from Vegas and I took the boys(13/14) to see T3 and it was a v. entertaining movie. Like most action movies I went in not expecting much and i enjoyed it alot. Friday was the Lim Family Reunion Picnic in San Diego(Bonita/Chula Vista area). It started off crappy cuz we had to go pick up the food and that shit spilled ALL OVER my trunk which caused it to reek of...I think it was the shrimp paste...for the next week(I just cleaned it up yesterday and there is still a hint of that smell elch!!!). Oh and we missed all the introductions so i totally didn't know anyone or where they came from and THAT sucked. But the food was really good and i met my cousins from virginia, texas, michigan, maryland...and I forget where else...oh yeah L.A. Supposedly one of my cousins spins for Black Eyed Peas....I'm not a big fan so I'll just give that a *shrug*. Then my cousins and I went to Novette's house and swam, chilled, relaxed.. I swear it felt like I was on a resort cuz we were just lazing about. There, I learned how to surf...in a pool...but it was still fun! I learned the basics: how to balance on teh surfboard to paddle, stratling the surfboard and pushing up on it to stand/kneel. That night we went out w/ the "younger generation" meaning teens and up. The 21 and under kids went to coffee shops/wandered around at the gaslamp quarter while the 21+ crowd went into this bar/club called The Bitter End. It was really fun. I danced my ass off....where are my quarters new wave??

Saturday was the family party at Novette's house. OMG!!! my uncle made the most tender bestest pork roast dealie. SO FREAKIN GOOD. I ate that for breakfast and lunch haha. Kyle came down and we all went swimming for like 3 hours. I also learned how to play this north-midwestern card game called Yuker(pronounced you-ker). It takes about 45 min to learn---seriously haha. Then I went back with Kyle and we went to his friends bday thing at D&B in Ontario. His friend came across tickets coming out of that game where you try to knock the coins over the edge...and the tickets kept coming....and coming....and coming. And they were free! So all in all Kyle, his friend Justin and I all split 1400 tickets. I got a D&B glass and a YO YO!!!!! the yo yo is awesome hehe.

Sunday was my cousin Franco's bday party in Irvine. Kind of like the reunion parties part 3. He ordered food from this Hawaiian restaurant and it was yum! After that, i took my cousin and aunt to see Charlie's Angel's. Ok I had said earlier that I don't expect much from action movies....and I didnt going into this flick. But I was actually a bit disappointed. The plot wasn't v. well put together...the stunts were like so impossible that they weren't believeable...and in the end there were a few pieces to the story that weren't resolved.

So that was my weekend or week. Pretty busy, which explains how tired I am. But wait it's not over! Wed is this gathering at my aunt's hotel/resort thingie...then thurs is a party at her friends house and it's also serving as a bday party for my sister.....blah! I'm tired!!!

listening to: the cure-cut here(acoustic version)

No comments: