Friday, July 25

Currently watching: the talented mr. Ripley….this movie rocks

Hey party people I have been out of the loop for a while, but back from Hawaii now...and here is my trip report, it will be long so brace yourself:

Got to the hotel we were booked for, and the hotel had overbooked itself by like 300 people!!! great start I know, anyway they were able to make arrangements for us at another hotel down the street, which we found wasn't as nice (two of the girls on the trip are lawyers and already in the process of writing letters and such in hopes of getting a refund or free rooms in the future) anyway after that fiasco met up with all our sister church members from Japan. Even though we didn't speak much Japanese and they spoke very little English we still found ways to communicate and had a great time just hanging out with them. I was put in a room with a 15year old Japanese kid, which at first i was very disappointed with as it was not who I thought I’d be staying with. As it turned out we were able to get along great and had a lot of the same interests, for example sleeping through any alarm clock even the one that was supposed to wake us up for morning devotions...haha.... Second day we headed out to the Polynesian center for a day of culture of the islands and a luau. Saturday was a free day, first I went to the huge swap meet to get knick knacks and random gifts for people.....hung out with this one kid who goes to my church and I’ve known for years but never spoke too, but found that he is really sarcastically funny. That night we had our big dinner and gift exchanges with the two churches. It was a great time. I think the best time was when the youths from the two churches got together to hang out. A big group of us played drinking games together on Monday night. I taught them pyramid (thanks t.w.i.f.o.s.l.y. !!!!!) and then we played the hand signs game where you have to watch ones hands signals and if they call yours you have to do someone else’s and if you mess up you have to drink…its highly entertaining with big groups.

Other random things I did: Went to Pearl Harbor…yes I know its very touristy but its one of those things that I had to do and was very emotional for me. My grandmother had told my family not to come home without going there and thus it was number one on our priority list of things to do. Went to the beach four times, so I kinda have a tan, but being white its not a real tan. Rented the mighty geo tracker and toured the island on our own. Played a round of golf with my friend, at first i wasn't looking forward to it, cause it was a little pricey but i gotta say it was one of the best things i did, it was so nice out, i got to use expensive clubs and shot one of my better games!! golf is fun again everyone should go (nick edney looking your way)

Every night most young adults would get together for laughs and fun times staring at the female entrepreneurs and trying to guess which one would get a date first….it was highly entertaining. I even got a line from one of them when I was walking back to the hotel. One of the kids wanted to get their picture taken with one of them, so I took him out and when he asked one of the girls she responded with this ain’t Disneyland kid… haha…I nearly fell over laughing…

Sorry this is still long, if you have any other questions to ask me feel free or I can just tell you next time I see you. In closing Hawaii was super duper fun, great weather, great food, great people, I would love to go again. I also want to go to Japan because everyone from Japan kept telling me that my turn to go is next (every other year our church sends someone to japan to visit their church)

Oh yeah and I even got to see my boyhood hero Hulk Hogan, that makes the trip pretty much perfect….haha

No comments: