Thursday, May 8

Yes, I too received a threatening email saying that if I didn't blog, I would be killed. So here I am, blogging, so that I will no longer have to fear for my life.

New Wave and Darth, this one's for you. It's an excerpt (sp?) from David Sedaris' Naked.

"I have known people who can quit one job and find another in less time than it takes to quarter a fryer. Regardless of their experience, these people exude charm and confidence. The charm is something they were either born with or had beaten into them at an early age, but what gives them their confidence is the early knowledge that someone like me has also filed an application......During episodes of unemployment I find it rewarding to sleep as much as possible - anywhere from twelve to fourteen hours a day is a good starting point. Sleep spares you humiliation and saves money at the same time: nothing to eat, nothing to buy, just lie back and dream your life away. I'd wake up in the afternoon, watch my stories on TV, and then head over to the sofa for a few more hours of shut-eye. It became my habit to pick up a newspaper just after five o'clock and spend some time searching the want ads, wondering who might qualify for any of the advertised positions: vault verifier, pre-press salesman, audit technical reviewer. Show me the child who dreams of being a sausage-casing inspector....." - David Sedaris, "Something for Everyone"

Hmm, the part about people having one job right after the other sure does remind me of a certain person we know................

No comments: