Thursday, April 24

I started reading this book called Bruce & Stan's Guide to Cults, Religions, & Spiritual Beliefs. It's written by those two guys, they are Christian, but they write it with a neutral perspective. I just finished the chapter on Christianity, and it's an interesting read, but that's not my point. Anyways so I skipped ahead to read about Scientology, because I was curious to know what it was all about, seeing as how a lot of celebrities participate in this. The jist (sp?) the concept is the eternal spiritual nature of all people, and this part of humankind is basically good and divine. The problem is that we are trapped in the physical universe through reincarnation and we keep inhabiting different human bodies, bringing the memory of emotional and physical pain with them each time. I guess people can follow this concept, but the thing that confused me was that Trained Scientologists called "auditors" help release these negatives, and the only way this can happen is to make donations to the church, the amount being determined by the Church of Scientology. I'm not here to judge anybody so i'll leave it at that, I just wanted to inform people of what Scientology really was, because it's out there.

No comments: