Thursday, July 25

New Wave Girl? Exercise at the gym? With people? That is almost unheard of....

Pigern, I saw Ben Kweller last night at Chain Reaction (all you emo kids must die!), and he was really good! The opening bands sucked BIG TIME. Some rap group (I think), and My Morning Jacket (which looked like Pearl Jam circa 1993, but sounded like they belonged on star 98.7)...Anyway, BK was really good. He started out with "I can't help falling in love with you" (elvis right?) and played most of the songs from Sha Sha, and maybe 2 that I never heard of. For the finale, all the guys from the other bands joined BK on stage for Weezer's Undone Sweater Song. Please note that one of the groups actually rapped to this song. Other than that, it was a fun rendition. Good show, but not great. Too many people (sold out), hot (98 degrees), and couldn't see anything (i hate tall people). Oh well, I get to see him tomorrow night at the Troubadour, and I will get there early to score a seat upstairs where I can watch BK perform uninterrupted.......I can't believe you got EP phone home! I'm so jealous. I took too long to order it, and by the time i was getting ready to, they weren't selling it anymore...Did you see any more copies while you were there? Oh well, maybe I can find it online somewhere....

Darth Bronger - afternoon tv shows? (sorry haven't had a chance to read other people's posts) these are the ones i remember: Who's the Boss, Small Wonder (how can i forget that show? i practiced talking like a robot bc of that show. and i always wondered why no one ever wondered why Vickie wore that same red and white dress every day.), Mr. Belvedere, Diff'rent Strokes, Facts of LIfe, Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Saved By the Bell.............

No comments: